Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bee Day

      After a long wait, the honey bees are here. We drove about 2 1/2 hours to pick up our bee package and then installed them in the top bar hive we brought back from Texas. They are amazingly interesting to watch. I think the jacket and hood are unnecessary, because I know they don't want to sting me - we'll see how much it actually gets used.

Dumping the bees into their new home

Using the bee brush to help them into the cavity so that they won't be crushed by the top bars

Putting the top bars back in place

Putting the lid back on the hive

Bees settling in and eating their sugar water. Package of bees is to the side so that stragglers can fly out and join the hive..

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got your bees! I bet they love their new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Bees. Let the adventure begin. I'm so excited for y'all about all of this.

    ReplyDelete